Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Montevideo (part 1)

Yesterday I made it to the bus terminal Tres Cruces in Montevideo. Because my host Fito (I'm a fan of couchsurfing :)) ) had to work untill 6PM, I used my time to order a busticket to Porto Alegre for Friday. Yes yes, in Spanish, so hopefully I will have asked for the right place on the right bus :))) In the evening it was time to discover to latin hospitality. After a delicious meal and a lot of conversations in Spanglish yesterday, I discovered the historic city centre today. As Montevideo is situated on the bay of the Rio de la Plata, I'm planning to explore the several beaches around Montevideo tomorrow!

Palacio Salvo, the first skyscraper in Uruguay


Casa de Gobierno Histórico, the new court still unfinished for lack of funds

2 Comments:

At Thursday, 12 July, 2007, Blogger Unknown said...

(Annie said): Mooie foto's moet ik toegeven. En het ziet er zelfs ontzettend mooi weer uit, in tegenstelling met wat ze in Europa berichten.

 
At Sunday, 22 July, 2007, Blogger Alex said...

I remember when I went to the Plaza de Independencia they told me that building was not actually completed...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home